What you’ll learn:
The aims and objectives of the Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Business
are to enable students to:
- develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
How you’ll be assessed:
The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Business is structured into four themes and consists of three externally examined papers.
Students are introduced to business in Themes 1 and 2 through building knowledge of core business concepts and applying them to business contexts to develop a broad understanding of how businesses work. Breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, with applications to a wider range of contexts and more complex business information, are developed in Themes 3 and 4, requiring students to take a more strategic view of business opportunities and issues.
Students are encouraged to use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of business, to understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives and to challenge assumptions.
Business Studies is a very popular option at University and combines well with many other subjects. An understanding of the internal functioning of modern day businesses can only aid students in their future careers.