Did you know…just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school receives extra money?
Register now to make sure that we, and your child, don’t miss out.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families to do their very best. This funding is called a “Pupil Premium”.
For every child registered, Headlands School will receive £935.
With this money our school can choose how to allocate support for groups of children to raise their attainment.
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit “run-on” – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Please feel free to contact Becky Brown (Lead Practitioner – Student Welfare) if you have any queries or questions on 01262 676198.
- Children who get any of the above in their own right (i.e they get benefit payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals